Its a tasty dal that can be consumed with rice. Dal with the taste of tomato can be yummy. Its easy to prepare and nutritious also.
- 1 cup of dal soaked and boiled,
- 1 pinch of asafetida,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 2 onions chopped,
- 1 cup of tamarind water,
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped.
Delicious tomato dal is ready to be served.
- Boil the lentils with turmeric powder, chopped onions, garlic and salt. When it cools down use a spindle to make an even paste. Remove and keep aside.
- Now for tempering heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds, asafetida to it. Add the curry leaves and add to the dal. Mix evenly with the entire dal.
- Now you may cook the chopped tomatoes and add cumin seeds to it. Add to the dal and then mix well.