Its a tasty snack that can be consumed with tea or coffee.
- A. For Stuffing:
- 1) Potatoes - 2
- 2) Green chilly - 1
- 3) Coriander leaves - handful
- 4) Red chilly pwd - ½ to 1 tsp
- 5) Coriander pwd - ¾ tsp
- 6)Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
- 7) paneer grated - 1 small cup
- 8)Salt to taste
- B.To prepare Bajji Batter
- 1) Besan flour - 1 cup
- 2) Rice flour - 1/2cup
- 3)Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- 4) Baking soda - a pinch
- 5) Salt to taste
- 6) Oil to fry
- A. To prepare the Stuffing:
- 1.Pressure cook the potatoes, till soft.
- 2. Peel the skin & mash the potatoes finely in a bowl.
- 3. Add sliced green chillies and fresh coriander leaves
- 4. Add grated and lightly fried paneer.
- 5.Now add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd,salt,chaat masala pwd
- 6.Mix it well & keep aside.
- 7.Spicy stuffing is ready..!
- B. To prepare the Bajji batter:
- 1. In a bowl, add besan flour, rice flour,red chilly pwd. baking soda & salt.
- 2. Sprinkle water and make a thick bajji batter. ( The batter consistency should be thick like idly batter ).
- 3. In a fry pan, add oil and heat it.
- 4. Now, make a slit lengthwise in all the mirchi.
- 5. Stuff the above prepare mixture inside and close it.
- 6. Dip the stuffed mirchis into the batter
- 7.Deep fry it in hot oil.
- 8. Keep the flame in low medium and cook the bajji , until it attains nice brown color on both sides.
- 9.Drain and keep aside in a kitchen tissue
- 10.Delicious stuffed Bajji's are ready.
- 11. Serve hot with green chutney & tomato ketchup