It’s a typical Goan recipe that is can be enjoyed during breakfast. Sorpotel is derived from a terminology that means alcohol. This dish is a bit on the sour side. Although restaurant prepared sorpotel are the best, those prepared at home can be equally cherished.
- 2 ½ lbs of beef,
- 1 lb. of pork,
- 1 lb. of liver,
- 1/3 cup of Kashmiri red chilies,
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper corn,
- 1 inch long turmeric,
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger,
- ½ teaspoon of chopped garlic,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- ¼ cup of cinnamon stick.
Enjoy this for breakfast along with sausage, bread and eggs. Nothing tastier compared to this Goan breakfast recipe.
- Boil the meat in water and make sure that it’s softened.
- Prepare a paste with the spices- red chili, vinegar, sugar, pepper corn, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cumin and coriander.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and add the meat to it. Cook for some time and then add the paste of spices to it. Cook nicely.
- Cook till the meat becomes soft and cooked.
- Add some more of vinegar in case you want the meat to be a bit on the sour side.