Lotus flower is ideally a palatable food. Stems are truly tasty. The combination with lotus stems will make this dish exceptionally sumptuous.
- Lotus stem ( chopped and steamed),
- 3 medium sized onions chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 medium sized tomato chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of saunf,
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of asafetida,
- Oil for cooking.
Remove and serve to your guests.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Cook for some time and then add the spices- red chili, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder and asafetida.
- Add the saunf to it and then stir for some time.
- Add 1 cup of water and then cook till the gravy thickens.