Chickpeas are full of protein and its preparation is quite easy. Chole with chapatti is quite yummy. Chole cooked with traditional Indian spices can be a great combination with basmati rice also.
- 1 cup of chickpeas soaked, boiled
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of dried mango powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ¾ teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala ( a combination of cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon of creme for garnishing
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- ½ cup of onion paste
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- Oil for cooking.
Enjoy the chole meal with chapatti or rice. Your heart will definitely say 'balle balle'.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add tomato, onion paste to it. Add the ginger garlic paste and then stir for some time.
- The chicken peas should be soaked and boiled with turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the chick peas to it and cook for some time till it becomes soft.
- Prepare a mix of-salt, red chili powder, mango powder, cumin, coriander and red chili powder half cup of water.
- Add the paste to the chick peas and stir them.
- Water should be added time to time and care should be taken so that the content in the kadhai should not burn out.
- The garam masala should be tempered with 1 teaspoon ghee and then the content added with the chick peas. Stir well.
- Garnish with creme of milk and then it’s ready to serve.