Prawn is the favorite recipe of many. This process demands in cooking prawns under low flame and selected spices to an awesome bland of taste and nutrition. This can be enjoyed as a side dish also.
- Contains protein,
- Contains vitamins and minerals,
- Low calories,
- Healthy cholesterol.
- 2 lbs. of prawns, de shelled and deveined,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard paste,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 cup of tamarind water (tamarind dissolved in water),
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala,
- Coconut oil for cooking.
Serve it with accompaniments of your choice.
- Add oil in a kadhai and heat it. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and allow blistering.
- Marinate the prawns with turmeric powder and salt and keep standing for about 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and then cook in slow fire. Add the chopped tomatoes to it and then stir.
- Prepare a paste of- chili powder, coriander and garam masala with 1/3 cup of water and then pour on the prawns. Stir for some time.
- Add the tamarind water in minute quantities; watch that the prawns should become soft.
- When it is done then you may remove from the fire.