Prawn is a delicious item and can be enjoyed with rice or other accompaniments. The soft inner flesh is cooked easily. Combined with various spices it will give an awesome taste.
- 1 lb. of prawns, de shelled and de veined,
- ½ cup of onion paste,
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala,
- Oil for frying.
This is ready to be served with steaming rice.
- Marinate the prawn with turmeric power and salt. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the prawns. Start cooking. Add the ginger garlic paste; when the prawn is half cooked, remove and keep aside.
- Add onion and tomato to the frying pan, stir cautiously. Add the spices- coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to it. Add the prawns and start cooking. Add the garam masala to it.
- Add water little by little till the prawn gets cooked and soft.
- Temper by heating coconut oil and adding mustard seeds to it. Add the curry leaves. Then when it stops bustling, add to the prawn curry