Prawn with veggie is an awesome combination and a rare dish. This Goan dish is excellently prepared with spicy coconut milk and okra. Try the finger licking dish this weekend to get the ‘real goan feel’.
- 2 lbs. of prawns de shelled and de veined
- 1 lb. of lady finger chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 -4 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 ½ lbs. of prawns
Serve it to your guests with accompaniments of your choice.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and add the prawns to it. Cook for some time till it becomes soft. Remove and keep aside.
- Prepare a blend with the following spices- turmeric, salt, green chilies, coriander powder and cinnamon.
- Cook tomato and onions together, make it soft. Add with the spices and blend again.
- Now heat coconut oil in a stock pan and add the prawns to it. Cook till it becomes softened. Add the spices to it and cook nicely.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well. Add the lady finger to it. Cook for some time and then remove.