Palak nadir is popularly cooked during religious ceremonies. Prepared out of spinach and lotus, this can be a nutritious and delicious item.
- 1 ½ cup of chopped spinach ( palak),
- 1 teaspoon of asafetida,
- 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger,
- ½ cup of lotus stem chopped and steamed a bit,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- Oil for frying.
Remove and then serve it to your guests. Enjoy the awesome traditional dish of Kashmir.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add crushed ginger to it.
- Cook for some time and then add cumin, red chili and salt to it.
- Add the chopped spinach and then stir.
- Add water so as to make an evenly consistent content.
- Add the chopped lotus stem.
- Stir and then cook for some time.