This is an exceptionally good idea of cooking chick peas in a saute of spinach. This is a yummy combination which is rich in all essential nutrients. Chickpeas cooked in green saute will not only satisfy the taste buds but also be a prescribed diet for most of the pregnant women or sports persons.
- Rich in essential minerals
- Rich in protein
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Improves digestion system.
- 2 bundles of spinach
- 1 cup of chick peas soaked and boiled
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- ¾ teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder ( combination of cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper)
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- Oil for cooking.
Remove and then serve with accompaniment of your choice- paratha, naan, kulcha or roti.
- Add oil in a frying pan and heat. Add the chopped onion and tomatoes and cook for some time till it becomes soft. Add the ginger garlic paste to it.
- The spinach should be made to a paste with the help of a food processor and ½ cup of water. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan and cook for some time. Add the spices to it- cumin, red chili, and coriander and garam masala.
- Add the boiled chole to it. Cook and make sure the green gravy mixes well with the chole.