Olav bum is a plant mostly found in shallow areas. It is fibrous and rich in proteins. It resembles dried straw or hay like structures.
- 2 ½ lbs. of bum,
- 1 ½ lbs of potatoes chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of asafetida,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- ¾ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- ½ crushed cloves,
- ½ crushed cardamom,
- Mustard oil for cooking.
Serve with chapatti.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add asafetida to it.
- Add the potatoes to it and then add the spices- red chili, cumin, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook for some time and the add the chopped bum.
- Stir for some time and then add one cup of water to it.
- The entire amount should be dried up and then leave.