Chingudi or Prawns can be cooked with spices and an awesome dish can be prepared. A good method of cooking will do justice to fresh prawns procured from sea water.
- 2 lbs. of chingudi or prawns de shelled and de veined,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds,
- ¾ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ¼ cup of curd battered,
- 2 medium sized potatoes,
- 3-4 green chilies slit,
- ¼ cup of poppy seeds paste,
- Mustard oil for cooking.
Remove and then serve with steaming hot rice.
- Marinate the prawns with turmeric powder and salt for some time.
- Add mustard oil and heat it. Add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Add the potatoes and prawns to it.
- Blend the cumin and coriander seeds. Add spices- turmeric powder, salt, cumin and coriander seeds.
- Add the poppy seed paste when the fishes are soft.
- Add the battered curd to it. Make it bit thickened. Add water in minute quantities to make the fish soft and the gravy consistent.
- Add the slit green chilies.