This can be considered as typical Bengali culture food and served when special guests are expected. The essence of dal (lentils) with fish is an awesome experience. The flavor of Indian spice and aroma of fish will definitely make any ‘fish lover’ crazy.
- Rich in protein
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Rich in minerals.
- 1 piece of fish head medium sized chopped into four pieces
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 cup of mung dal boiled
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Mustard oil for frying.
It’s ready to be served with steaming rice.
- Add mustard oil in a kadhai and fry the fish head. Remove and keep separately.
- Add cinnamon sticks, ginger paste and cumin seeds to the kadhai where ghee must be preheated. Blister for some time and then add the boiled mung dal.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and then slit green chilies.
- Add another spoon of ghee for the ultimate flavor.