When Dussehra is round the corner and you are in a mood to celebrate, then will be the most desired option. Enjoy macha or fish with veggies and you will feel the real taste of Orissa.
- 6-7 pieces of thinly sliced fish fried,
- 1 large onion thinly sliced,
- 2 pcs. of bay leaves,
- 2-3 sticks of cinnamon,
- ½ cup of Chana dal ( soaked overnight and boiled),
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder,
- 2 medium pieces of radish chopped,
- 1 large sized potato sliced,
- 1 medium sized egg plant diced,
- 1/3 cup of green beans sliced,
- ½ teaspoon of ginger paste,
- ½ cup of pumpkin diced,
- 2 medium sized tomatoes,
- Mustard oil for cooking.
Serve with rice. Enjoy the festive mood with the awesome flavor.
- Add mustard oil to a frying pan, add ginger paste to it. Add bay leaves and spices- turmeric and salt to it.
- In a separate frying pan fry the fish pieces, remove and keep separated.
- Add all the veggies – radish, potato, egg plant, pumpkin and tomatoes to it.
- Add garam masala, chilli powder and fried onions to it. Add the already fried fish, and then cook at low heat for some time till all the ingredients mix well.
- Remove and keep separately.