This is a typical Orissa recipe. Fish is widely available and there are various combinations of fish recipe are widely cherished here.
- lb. of Rohu fish chopped,
- ½ teaspoon of ginger paste,
- ½ teaspoon of panch foron ( 5 spices used in eastern Indian cuisine),
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds mashed,
- 2 medium sized potatoes chopped,
- 1 medium sized tomato chopped,
- ¼ cup of coriander leaves,
- 2-3 green chilies slit,
- Mustard oil for frying.
Remove and serve with rice.
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes and keep.
- Heat mustard oil in a frying pan and add the marinated fishes to it. Fry on both sides and remove after it’s nicely cooked.
- Add some more mustard oil and add ginger to it.
- Add panch foron, red chili powder and salt to it.
- Prepare a paste of mustard with water. Add the mustard paste to it and the stir.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes to it. Cook for some time and the rove. Add the slit green chilies to it.