During scorching summer, when it’s difficult to consume spicy food, this recipe can be considered a ‘relief’ to food habits.
This is easy to prepare and can be considered a ‘healthy diet’ recommended to people who suffer from indigestion and other related issues.
- Contains vitamins- A, C and folate,
- Contains minerals-magnesium, calcium, phosphorous,
- Improves digestion,
- Maintains body temperature.
- 1 medium sized bottle gourd de skinned and chopped,
- ¾ teaspoon of ginger paste,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- ½ cup of mung dal ( lentils) boiled ,
- Mustard oil for cooking.
You may remove and serve with rice/chapatti.
- Heat mustard oil in a frying pan and add salt, cumin seeds to it. Allow it to blister.
- Add the chopped bottle gourd to it. Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Cook till the vegetable gets soft.
- Add the pre boiled dal. Stir for some time and then add the green chilies slit in between.