Squid is a favorite sea food item for all. While cooked with exotic spices and curry leaves it will be a mouth watering dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The secret to successful squid cooking is by following slow cooking. It is a great source of nutrition. This is also called Kanava roast.
- Contains protein,
- Contains vitamins- B and C,
- Contains essential minerals- calcium, zinc and phosphorous.
- 2 ½ lbs. of squid,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced coconut,
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 3-4 green chilies chopped,
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice,
- Coconut oil for frying,
- 1 cup of water for adding.
Remove and then serve. Enjoy with accompaniments of your choice.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan; Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, allow blistering.
- Add the squids to it. Stir fry them. Add the spices- coriander, red chili, turmeric powder and salt to it.
- Add coconut slices and then stir. It should be cooked in low flame. Add water in minute quantities till the squid becomes soft.
- Add the chopped green chilies and sprinkle lemon juice to it.