Fish cooked with coconut milk and other spices will result in a fabulous taste. The spicy gravy of fish will be cherished by anybody who is a fish lover. You may use any type of fish for this recipe.
- Rich in protein,
- Rich in essential minerals,
- Rich in carbohydrates.
- 2 ½ lbs. of fish sliced into medium pieces,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 cup of tamarind water,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- 1 cup of coconut milk,
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 2 onions blended to a paste,
- 2 tomatoes blended to a paste,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- Coconut oil for frying.
- Marinate the pieces of fish with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan; Release the fishes into it and then cook nicely on either sides.
- Add more oil and then blister mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.
- Add the onion and tomato paste to it. Add the ginger garlic paste; cook for some time.
- Add the spices- turmeric, red chili, coriander and ginger garlic paste to it. Cook for some time till it becomes an even mixture.
- Add the fried fishes to it. Mix with the gravy nicely. Add the tamarind water and cook well.
- You may add the coconut water and then cook till the gravy becomes an even texture.
- Add the slit green chilies and then serve.