It’s a typical Kerala recipe. Black chick peas cooked with spices and coconut will be a wonderful dish. It’s a dish with much difference and the most ‘liked’ item of many vegetarian people.
- 1 cup of black chick peas ( soaked and boiled),
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ¾ cup of coconut grated,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 3-4 onions chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1 stream of curry leaves.
Enjoy this awesome dish with rice.
- Boil the chick peas with turmeric powder and salt for about 15 minutes. Cook tills the chick peas become soft.
- Roast the spices- coriander, cumin, green chilies and then blend with grated coconuts inside a food processor.
- Add this to the boiled chick peas, add the ginger garlic paste and cook.
- For tempering heat coconut oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilies.