Cooking ridge gourd with sesame seeds will be exciting and different. Try this recipe the coming weekend and enjoy the typical delicacies of Eastern India.
- 2 lbs. of ridge gourd,
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds,
- 2 medium sized potatoes chopped,
- ¼ cup of Bengal gram soaked and boiled,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 3-4 green chilies slit,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
Remove and serve with rice.
- Heat mustard oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds and chopped ridge gourd to it.
- Add the potatoes to it, add turmeric powder and salt. Stir fry nicely.
- Add the bengal gram to it. Stir nicely again.
- Add the green chilies to it.