Ridge Gourd in poppy seeds make a very much palatable item. This can be prepared easily and enjoyed with rice.
- 2 ½ lbs. of ridge gourd,
- 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- 1 teaspoon of panch phutana,
- 2 medium sized potatoes de skinned and sliced,
- Mustard oil for cooking.
Remove and serve with rice.
- Heat mustard oil for some time and then add the veggies- ridge gourd and potatoes chopped.
- Add salt, turmeric to it. Add the panch phutana .
- Prepare a paste of poppy seeds and then add to it.
- Add water in minute quantities.
- Add the chopped green chilies.