Hoggad is dry fish preparation which is a popular dish in Kashmir. Preparing this with bum will be a delicious item and can be cherished for lunch.
- 2 ½ lbs. of hoggad in dried condition,
- 1 lb. of bum,
- 1 pinch of asafetida,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of saunf,
- ¾ teaspoon of coriander powder,
- ½ cup of water,
- Oil for cooking.
Remove and serve with chapatti.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add asafetida and other spices- cumin, salt, saunf and coriander powder to it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and the fish to it.
- Stir for some time.
- Add the water to it and then cook for some time.