Goghji is a very popular recipe. In the season of green vegetable it is the first choice of any family who is a foodie. Cooked with spices this is a wonderful combination. Green leaves of turnip or cauliflower can to make a spicy and delicious side dish.
- 2 cups of turnip leaves ,
- 1 pinch of asafetida,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- ½ cup of onion paste,
- ½ of tomato paste,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder,
- Oil for cooking.
Serve with chapatti.
- Boil turnip leaves in a container till it becomes softened. Remove and drain the water.
- Shift the content to a blender and then blend nicely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add the spices- asafetida and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Prepare a paste with – salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and red chili powder. Add the paste to the frying pan.
- Add the blended turnip leaf paste to it.
- Add the onion and tomato paste. Cook for some and stir nicely. Cook nicely till the vegetable blend becomes an even mixture.