Pork Vindaloo us the most popular and sumptuous meal. Marinated with spices and vinegar, this dish is a bit on the sour side. The combination of spices makes it truly delicious, a desired combination which can be tried at any weekends.
- 2 ½ lbs. of pork loin cubed,
- 1 teaspoon of garlic,
- 1 stick of cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds,
- 3-4 red chilies,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 inch of ginger,
- 1 inch of turmeric ,
- 3 medium sized onions chopped,
- ½ cup of white vinegar,
- 10 Kashmiri chili peppers steamed and seeded,
- 3 green chilli peppers seeded and striped,
- 2 cup of hot water.
Remove and serve with accompaniment of your choice.
- Prepare a paste of the spices- cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, salt, Kashmir chili pepper, green chili pepper with vinegar.
- Chop the pork loin into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a stock pan and then add the chopped pork into it. Fry for some time and then remove the meat pieces.
- Add onions to the stock pan and cook for some time till it becomes golden brownish. Add the meat pieces and then the paste of spice.
- Cook for over an hour and then observe the change of color.