This is an awesome spicy dish with mackerel. Cooked in the traditional Goan style, mackerel cannot be tastier than this. For fish lovers this can be termed as a must try.
- ½ cup of coconut grated,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 2 sticks of cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds,
- 3-4 red chilies,
- 2 ½ lbs. of mackerel sliced,
- 1 inch of ginger grated,
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
Serve it with steaming rice.
- Marinate the mackerel fish with salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
- Prepare a blend with –coconut, cumin, coriander, red chili, ginger and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and the start frying the fishes on either side. Remove and keep aside.
- Now heat oil and then add the paste to it, cook till it becomes even and then add the boiled water to it.
- Add the water and then the fishes to it. Cook till it becomes an even paste.