This is a special recipe that is prepared with juicy mutton and lentils (mashed) with other spices. The addition of special spices will make it even more palatable.
- Rich in protein,
- Rich in vitamins,
- Increases the peristalsis movement,
- Contains essential minerals.
- 2 ½ lbs. of mutton,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 1 stream of curry leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder,
- 1 ½ cups of meat stock,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 cup of tamarind water (by mixing tamarind with water),
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- ½ cup of coconut milk,
- ½ cup of chana dal (lentils, soaked and boiled)
- Coconut oil for cooking.
Remove and serve with accompaniment of your choice. You will simply love the spicy mutton gravy.
- Boil the mutton with turmeric powder and salt. Make sure that it is soft and then remove the stock.
- The lentils should be soaked and boiled with turmeric powder, salt and water. You can use a pressure cooker for this purpose.
- Add coconut oil in a container; add mustard seeds and a stream of curry leaves in it. Add the mutton to it and cook for some time.
- Add the spices- curry leaves, coriander, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt to it. Stir well.
- Add the lentils to it. Mix well and then add the tamarind water in measured quantity.
- After 10 minutes of stirring, when it becomes an even mixture then add the coconut milk to it.