A wonderful combination of chicken in green gravy- power packed with nutrition; it’s something that can be relished with roti or any other accompaniment. The taste of chicken in green spicy leafy gravy is simply yummy.
- Rich in vitamins- A and K,
- Rich inessential minerals,
- Rich in proteins,
- Recommended for pregnant women,
- Recommended for sports persons or those doing exercises.
- 2 ½ lbs. of chicken chunked into medium pieces,
- 3 bundles of spinach,
- 1 bundle of methi,
- 1 bundle of coriander leaves,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- ½ cup of tomato paste,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt,
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala,
- Oil for cooking,
- 1 teaspoon of ghee.
The chicken is complete and ready to be served with accompaniment of your choice.
- Wash the leafy vegetable nicely under running water. Remove the stain of any dust if any.
- Blend with the help of a blender with ½ cup water. Prepare the green paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and ass the tomato paste to it. Add the ginger garlic paste; cook for some time.
- The chicken should be marinated with turmeric and salt. Then added to the frying pan and cooked for 10 minutes. It should be cooked with lids closed.
- Prepare a paste with the spices- cumin, coriander, red chili powder and salt. Add to the chicken and then cook under low flame. Add the garam masala and then cook again.
- Add the green paste and cook along with the chicken at low flame. It should be cooked for 12- 15 minutes with closed lid.