Snake gourd is a widely available vegetable during summer. A curry prepared out of it will be palatable and enjoyed as a side dish. There are various health benefits of this vegetable. Addition of shrimp makes it simply irresistible.
- High in water content,
- Helps reducing diabetes,
- Low calorie vegetable.
- 3 medium sized snake gourds de skinned, de seeded and chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1/2 cup of shrimps de shelled and cleaned,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric,
- 2-3 green chilies,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 medium sized tomato chopped,
- Mustard oil for frying.
Remove and serve it with steaming rice. This recipe goes well with chapattis also.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai; add the shrimps and fry till they become crispy. Remove and keep apart.
- Add mustard oil and after heating add ginger garlic paste and cumin seeds to it. Blister for some time.
- Add the chopped snake gourd; cook for some time with covered lid. Cook till the vegetable becomes soft. Add turmeric powder, salt and green chilies to it.
- Add the cooked shrimps and cook for some time. This will emit a mind boggling aroma.