Chena can be prepared at home from milk. All you need to do is separate the cottage cheese and then blend with spices and vegetable for the awesome curry.
- 3 lts of full crème milk,
- ½ teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 3 medium sized onions,
- 2 medium sized tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- ¾ teaspoon of coriander powder,
- ¾ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 bay leaf,
- 2 medium sized potatoes de skinned and chopped,
- 2 sticks of cinnamon,
- ¾ teaspoon of red chilli powder,
- 1 teaspoon of ghee.
Remove and serve to your guests.
- Heat the milk and then apply vinegar or lemon juice to extract the cheese out of it.
- Drain the liquid part and then squeeze the cheese extract.
- Process the mashed cheese with – ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, and red chili powder, and salt, cumin and coriander powder. Make tight dough and then prepare separate smaller dough’s. Keep separated.
- Now fry these dough’s and keep apart.
- Add mustard oil and then add the onion paste. Add ginger garlic to it and then the potatoes and ultimately the tomatoes.
- Add the cinnamon, bay leaf and then the veggies and fried cutlets.
- Prepare gravy by adding water in minute quantities.
- Add ghee to it. And then slit green chilies.