Mashed cottage cheese is prepared to dumplings and then gravy is prepared. This dish is truly mind blowing and involves a bit of craftsmanship also. It's considered a very popular dish in Bengal.
- 2 cups of mashed cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2-3 pieces of green chilies
- Mustard oil for cooking
This awesome dish is ready to be served with rice.
- Heat oil in a container and add ½ teaspoon of mustard oil in it.
- Add the mashed cottage cheese and salt in it; stir for some time. Allow the water to absorb.
- Use your hands to prepare dumplings. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai, add ginger paste to it.
- Add cumin seeds and bay leaf, add turmeric powder and salt. Stir and add water to make a stew.
- Add the dumplings to it; cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add a teaspoon of ghee before you put off the gas