Bottle gourd stuffed with spices and yummy ingredients can be prepared with gravy- it will be yummy and sumptuous. Process is a bit lengthy because it involves stuffing and frying of the bottle guard. Perhaps it’s one the tastiest dish that can be enjoyed with rice or other accompaniments.
- Contains vitamins,
- Contains essential minerals,
- Controls blood pressure,
- Improves digestive system.
- 2 medium sized onions chopped,
- 1/3 cup of cashew nuts ,
- ¼ cup of raisins,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder,
- 3 medium sized tomatoes blended to a paste,
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- Oil for cooking,
- 2 tablespoons of crème of milk.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste to it. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir for some time.
- The cashew nut and raisins should be blended with the help of a blender. This paste should be added to the frying pan and cooked cautiously so that it forms an even paste and the water content is reduced.
- The inside of the bottle gourd could be scraped.
- The stuffing can be filled inside and then the sides blocked.
- Now the gourd can be chopped to medium pieces and then it can be either cooked or can be microwaved
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the tomato paste to it. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for some time.
- Add the spices- cumin, turmeric and garam masala and stir. Add water in mi quantity to prepare gravy.
- Add the chopped stuffed bottle gourd to it and then cook under low flame.
- Can top with 2 tablespoons of crème of milk while serving.