Aloo Dum is Delicious Curry, made out of potato. It is very Famous in Odisha.
- 3 lbs. of potatoes de skinned and sliced into two halves,
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 bay leaf,
- ¾ teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 3-4 green chilies chopped,
- 3 medium sized onion ground to a paste,
- 3 sticks of cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds,
- 2 tablespoons of curd battered,
- 1/3 cup of peanuts roasted,
- 1 teaspoon of ghee.
Remove and serve it to your guests. Tastes best with rice/chapatti.
- Boil the potatoes and remove the skin.
- Add mustard oil in a frying pan and add cinnamon sticks and bay leaf to it.
- Add the onion paste, ginger garlic paste and cook for some time. Add the roasted peanuts to it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder. Prepare a blend of cumin and coriander seeds and then add to the mixture.
- Add the potatoes; add the battered curd to it and cook for some time.
- Add ghee to it and leave.