Its a delicious dish that can be served with steaming rice. For a typical Bengali meal, "aloo posto" is a must. Quite easy to prepare and relish able item, this is quite popular.
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Rich in protein
- Rich in minerals-calcium, iron , magnesium and phosphorus
- Rich in vitamins- A, C, D and E.
- ½ kg. of potatoes , de skinned and chopped
- ¾ cup of poppy seeds soaked
- Mustard oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 3-4 green chilies
It’s ready to be served.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai; add the potatoes to it and cook for some time.
- The soaked poppy seeds should be made to a paste. Keep aside.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to the potatoes, add the poppy seed paste. Cook for some time. Add little water to it and stir again.
- Add the slit green chilies.