Acharee Gobi is a spicy version where Gobi combined with spices that complements with chapatti/ roti. It’s a good option to carry as tiffin box recipes or as a picnic basket.
- 2 medium sized cauliflower chopped into medium pieces
- 1 teaspoon of dried mango powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- ¾ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ¾ teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 2 medium sized capsicum chopped
- Oil for frying.
Serve with accompaniments of your choice.
- Add oil in a frying pan and heat. Temper garlic and asafoetida and allow blistering. Add the cauliflower and cook nicely. Cook with the lids closed upon, since it will cook efficiently.
- Mix the spices well- cumin, coriander, red chili powder and salt. Dry roast the fennel seeds in a frying pan and then blend in a food processor. Apply this with other spices.
- Add the mixture of spices with the cauliflower. Again cook for some time with closed lids. Add the capsicum with it.
- Apply water it by bit in order to make the cauliflower soft.