Fresh eggplants from the garden will make a sumptuous dinner. Egg plants can be cooked with exotic spices to a mouth watering deal. Well, if your guests are giving you a surprise visit, I guarantee this preparation will entitle you a 'kitchen queen'.
- Fresh eggplants medium sized 6 pieces
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of dried mango powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried methi
- 3 medium sized tomatoes grated
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 3-4 green chilies.
Remove and serve with accompaniment of your choice.
- Chop the eggplants and wash in water to remove any dirt. Keep aside and allow drying.
- Add oil in a frying pan and add oil to it. Heat it for some time.
- Dry heat the fennel seeds and dried methi. Blend in a blender with the help of a food processor. The asafoetida should be added. Keep aside.
- Prepare a mixture with the following spices- cumin, mango powder, and coriander and turmeric powder along with ¾ cup of water. Remove and keep aside.
- Now add the eggplants and start cooking. The eggplants will become soft. You may cook with lids closed. Remove the eggplants.
- Add the tomato blend and cook for some time. Add garlic paste and cook till it emits a characteristic odor.
- Add the spice mix along with the eggplants. Add the mixture of fennel seeds along with it. Now cook at medium flame. Care should be taken so that the content cooks well but does not burn.